Course Accreditation: Guild of Beauty Therapists
The course is fully accredited by the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists for membership and insurance.
This course will teach you everything you need to know about offering a professional Indian head massage and includes a practical training session and assessment.
This GTi Indian Head Massage course follows the National Occupational Standards and covers all the necessary anatomy & physiology, plus reception, consultation, aftercare guidance and contra-indications to treatment.
This course covers the technique for upper back, shoulder, upper arm, neck, scalp and face massage. It also includes the theory behind Indian Head Massage such as the history of the treatment, principles of ayurveda, marma points and chakras.
The GTi Indian Head Massage course includes the GTi Professional Standards course, usually priced at £49 + VAT, for all students who have not completed this course.
The course is beautifully written and accompanied by images, video clips and a voice-over. Upon completion of the online theory modules, you will receive a PDF manual which you can refer back to. Seventeen of the modules and examinations are completed online with full online support available.
The GTi Indian Head Massage Award is accredited by the Guild of Beauty Therapists, the UK’s leading professional beauty trade body.
You will also be assessed at a one-day assessment at your Sanctuary Training Academy in Aberdeen. You will have the opportunity to practice the routine on friends and family before being assessed by an experienced tutor at a time to suit you. On completion of the course, successful students will receive a GTi Indian Head Massage certificate which is acceptable for insurance purposes with The Guild of Beauty Therapists.
- Anatomy & Physiology – The Muscular System
- Anatomy & Physiology – The Skeletal System
- Anatomy & Physiology – The Cardiovascular & The Lymphatic Systems
- Anatomy & Physiology – The Endocrine, The Nervous & The Respiratory Systems
- Anatomy & Physiology – The Skin
- Contra-Actions & Contra-Indications
- Massage Benefits
- Massage Mediums & Benefits
- Marma Pressure Points & Chakras
- Technique – Upper Back & Shoulder Massage
- Technique – Upper Arm & Neck Massage
- Technique – Scalp Massage
- Technique – Face Massage
- Treatment Adaptations & Aftercare
- Practical Module